Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Another Quilt Coloring Page: Sunbonnet Sue & Overall Sam

This is one of my favorite quilts and has also become a pattern in the Keepsake Quilting catalog. While it's no longer available there, I still offer the pattern on my Craftsy site. I now have this as one of my FREE quilt coloring pages. The link is at the bottom of this page.

I know there are many quilters who adore Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam, along with all those sweet 1930s prints. (And, yes, some of you are rolling your eyes right now, too!)

Here is the real quilt:
Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam Quilt: 48" x 48"
And the digital rendition:
Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam Quilt: 48" x 48"
Let's see it in a line drawing!

Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam Color Me! Quilt

And would you like to download this FREE just to color? If you do, here it is:

I like offering these Quilt Coloring pages and hope you do, too. I have plans to offer more. Some will also be linked to the pattern (free or otherwise) in my Craftsy store. I have designed thousands (yes, thousands) of quilts over the past 25 years. Let's see if I can make a dent in those digital files.

I do ask that you DON'T reprint and distribute these. While they are free, they are protected by copyright. Just tell your friends where they can get their own FREE ColorMe! pages.

10 comments:

  1. It is a delightful quilt and I love the fabric and color choices you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a sweet quilt thanks for the download too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debby,
    I just love Sunbonnet Sue. She was the very first wall hanging I ever made, so she always makes me smile. I will enjoy coloring her. Thanks for sharing with us! ~smile~
    Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debby, I absolutely love the quilt. Sue and Sam has always been my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely quilt.Thanks you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so sweet. The 1930 fabrics are perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The baby quilt my grandmother made me was a Sunbonnet Sue quilt. I still have it, but it is not in very good condition. The prints used in the quilt remind me of the prints in your quilt. I like your setting better though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Debby! I adore your quilt with all of the bright and cheerful fabrics you chose to use. I have made several Sunbonnet Sue quilts, yet it has been years. Seeing your quilt has sparked a desire to pull out my favorite pattern and create a quilt top for my Project Linus quilt this month! I do not do any coloring, but think it is fabulous that you are offering your designs for free for people to use! Thank you for sharing your spectacular talents at designing, piecing and quilting! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great way to look at color combinations without getting into fabrics. It's a good marketing tool also. I do like the cute 30s fabrics, but I'd like it just as much in Civil War or batiks, too. =) What about neutrals in the background and black silhouettes of the Sues and Sams? That would be different!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com