Student Quilt - Cupid's Arrows

Cupid's Arrows by Dawn P. from Atlanta
I love seeing what my students finish, and Dawn took this class at the Quilting Live! Show in Atlanta in September. This is a Palm Block, also called Hosannah. I called the class "Cupid's Arrows" because it was part of a blog hop around Valentine's Day. This is paper pieced and is done in an off-center log cabin approach, so that there are no units to join - when you're done piecing, the block is finished.
My Cupid's Arrows class sample
If you look closely, she used a wonderful paw print in the block and also in the border. Don't you just love you she made the best use of the curvy fabric in the setting triangles? What to GO, Dawn!

The block is 7" finished. It is from my latest book, Paper Piecing Perfect Points. Students learned not only how to paper piece, but also how to set blocks on point. You can see the quilt I made for the book by following the link above. I have many several quilts using this pattern. And would you look at those pointy points? Wow!!

Thanks, Dawn, for sharing this wonderful quilt with us.

If you've made a quilt or table runner, etc using one of my patterns (whether in a class or on your own), please do let me know. I really want to feature them here on my blog.

Comments

  1. ery nice runner, FPP is way beyond me

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very interesting fabric choice for her setting blocks. It will brighten any table! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com