Merry Christmas Quilts

Diadem Quilt from my Supersize 'Em Quilts book
As I was looking at the quilts on my wall this morning, in the quiet of the early hours, I realized that I was gazing at a few of my Christmas quilts. The one pictured above is called Diadem because, well, that's the name of the traditional block! The center fabric is a large 10" finished patch so you can feature a beautiful large scale print. And the corners are paper pieced for a 14" finished block.

One Day Lone Star (a workshop I teach)
All rotary cut patches. This was sewn in the hopes of having it "picked up" by a magazine a few years back. No one picked it up, so I took it on the road. I love teaching this class because many students actually can finish most of the center star in a day. Don't you just love that awesome floral print I used for the background? This was a collection from Blank Quilting called Holiday Splendor.

I had some leftover fabrics and used them to create my Magic Triangles quilt.
Magic Triangles
I absolutely love this fabric collection. I have another project I'm working on using the leftovers of the leftovers!

I wish you and your family and friends a wonderful holiday, Merry Christmas and Happy, Prosperous New Year filled with good health and laughter. And, oh yes! A lot of good quilting time.


Comments

  1. I would take the Lone Star in a day class if I were closer. The only one I've ever done nearly got thrown in the trash. The teacher was sick the she taught it and gave inaccurate instructions, but I eventually figured it out. I have another Lone Star planned now that I've kind of forgotten how frustrated I was.
    Merry Christmas to you Debby !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debby your Christmas quilts are beautiful. Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 beauties, wow those points in lone star look difficult

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debby, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! And beautiful quilts in 2014, like these ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, beautiful quilts Debby! I especially love Diadem - luscious. Merry Christmas to you and yours! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always Debby beautiful quilts.Would love to make all 3 Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours From NL,Canada

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi debby i am always blown away by your quilts! it is amazing how talented you are. thank you for sharing and im glad you are home for the holidays. merry christmas! barbara babscorbitt@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilts are always a pleasure to gaze at, Debby! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wishing you a very merry Christmas Debby. I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday.
    Joan in GA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas! I love all of your Christmas quilts, and that really is an awesome background on the star one. That would be a great class!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com