Sunday, December 2, 2012

Cardinals All Through the Year

Paper Pieced Cardinal
I posted about this cardinal block/quilt back in September to celebrate National Sewing Month. But I sew all year, almost every day! Does that count for something?

This cardinal was part of a swap from years ago (and I mean years, as in almost 20!). I don't even remember the person who gifted me with this, but I drafted my own version of the Cardinal and I would like to share it with you. It's the holiday season and it's about peace and love and sharing (in my book!)

Winter's Favorite Things

Here's the Cardinal in a "digital" quilt
Remember, yesterday I posted the FREE pattern for the cute little Penguin. Today, here is the paper pieced Cardinal.

5" Paper Pieced Cardinal
Click here for pdf pattern for Cardinal.

Trace pattern onto foundation paper and cut apart along red lines. Add 1/4” seam allowance around all edges; piece sections and then join together to form 5” block as shown. Finished block is reverse image of paper pattern.

Enoy!

13 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the cardinal, its beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this cute cardinal pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just added pdfs of the Cardinal and Penguin for those who can't get a true size for the jpgs. The links appear on each of the past 3 blog posts.

    To the no-reply bloggers, I can't send you emails, so I hope you visit this comment page to see my posting!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your patterns but couldn't get PDF to load.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these patterns, but I couldn't get the cardinal page to load. Kept getting page not found error.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these patterns, but I couldn't get the cardinal page to load. Kept getting page not found error.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I love the cardinal block.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sweet. I wish we had cardinals around here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!

    It loaded fine for me. I hope it works for everyone else now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful. Thank you. This lovely bird is our state bird. I love to watch them in our back yard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the cardinal pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com