Mondays with Blank Fabrics, Part 2

Thanks to all of you who made my Monday with Blank Fabrics a very popular blog post. I teach my Magical Mitering lesson all the time with many happy students! Today I share a 6 block quilt made with the Noblesse Collection in the cream colorway.
Magical Miters and the Noblesse Collection by Blank Fabrics
The fabric does all the work. And I didn't bother to fussy cut the flowers; I just let my rotary cutter made that decision for me (and I also didn't have more than 1/2 yard!). How did I make this, you may be wondering? Well, I shared it all in last Monday's post and you can find it HERE. This version uses strips around all 4 sides of the center square, instead of only two sides for an Attic Window. This really has a graphic counterpoint to the curves of the flowers. I only had 3 fabrics for each of the two colorways. I used the other two in the border; simple rectangles for a border.

If you have read this far, then I want to let you know that on WEDNESDAY I am sharing another quilt with another fabric partner and I have A GIVEAWAY! 7 fat quarters of just released fabrics. So, make sure you come back to see what's happening.

Next Monday I will share the pattern for this quilt using the Savoy Collection by Blank Fabrics. So, for now, just enjoy this wonderful eye candy!
Fleur de Lis quilt center
I was asked to sew for one of my fabric partners, Blank Quilting, using their brand new Savoy Collection. It has a distinct French connection and the timeless colors of yellow and blue. I love, love, love it! Diana Mancini (Marketing Director) had seen one of my fleur de lis patterns and asked if I could create a unique quilt with these floral prints. As you can see, I did. Here are some of the ensemble items I created for her to use at Spring Market 2012. And then at the bottom of this blog posting, you will see the quilt with the final borders.
Apron, pattern by Cindy Taylor Oates
I have this pattern by Cindy and have used it many times. She has several versions of both a full and half apron. While I don't wear aprons, I should!
Kitchey items, just because I could!
 Bought a basket at Michael's, discarded the fabric liner and made one with Savoy's blue/blue print. Made several quick tissue holders, covered a large circular button (using hot glue, natch), even covered an oatmeal box with fabric for a pencil holder. I used a cheesecloth dishtowel with a VERY wide binding and that is my tablecloth.
Purchased purse with added ruffle
Savoy Quilt - 52" x 52", Block Size: 12"




Comments

  1. I absolutely love the Savoy prints. I found a red also and it is wonderful. Just need to start my stash again..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com