Two Quilts Using Arianna's Garden

This first quilt appeared in the Spring 2011 issue of Easy Quilts by Love of Quilting (Fons & Porter). A wonderful way to capture the beauty of a large scale print. It is 53" x 53" and if you missed the issue, you can get it from their shop. They also offer the digital pattern at their shopping site. Since I'm not paid for that pattern reprint, I'm not going to give the link. Fabrics generously provided by Benartex Fabrics - love, love, love those fabrics!

Hey, guess what? I found all the directions and art that I had created when I sewed this quilt. You can have the pattern for the above quilt FREE - yes, I said FREE. Just click this link: Arianna's Garden, and it will take you to the 4 page pdf, in color, from my web site. These are NOT the same instructions given in the magazine. They write up all their own.

This next quilt I made using my Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks entry. Only 5 blocks because I ran out of fabric. This is a fabulous quilt but didn't make the cut for a future Quiltmaker issue of quilts made with these blocks, so I will just have to teach classes using it! I love it because it is a non-traditional setting. Of course, I was aiming for 6 blocks and just plain ran out of fabric! Creativity to the rescue! Quilted by the famous Connie Gallant, my faithful friend and awesome longarm quilter.

Comments